Mike’s aptly named “wood beater” is built for efficient material removal and shaping.
The hefty 3/4" diameter and slightly shorter flute provide vibration dampening. A sharp arc on the nose ensures a smaller cutting surface, making the tool easier to control.
What makes a 5-star wood beater?
- 3/4” parabolic bowl gouge
- Shipped sharp with the grind found at Mahoney’s lathe (easily duplicated using a Wolverine jig)
- Double bevel reduces catches and unwanted marks on the cutting surface
- Superior M42 high speed steel with a 10% cobalt content, for unparalleled edge holding
- M42 HSS' unique durability and razor edge mean less grinding and cleaner cuts
- Unmatched flute polish boosts the razor edge and provides efficient chip flow
- Put comfort and control first with an interchangeable aluminum handle
- Handcrafted in the USA, and backed by a lifetime guarantee and hassle-free returns
- Parabolic flute, and swept back grind at 40º
- Blade measures 3/4” outside diameter x 13” overall
- 3/4” tang diameter
- 16” x 3/4” handle (no adapter)